TT-Molly

• 10 Antworten
  • 8586 Aufrufe

Offline irfrench

TT-Molly
« am: 28.05.2014 17:00 »
 :topjob:

Hello all,

I just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone at TT.  I'd not come across TT before but happened to see it when I was looking for EF86 projects...  Obviously I was really happy when I saw the Molly project - so went ahead and ordered it.

The kit arrived really quickly and was a breeze to put together.

Thanks very much for a lovely little amp!

Ian.

O0 :headphone:

Sorry if the language/grammar is a bit weird - the preview is doing its best to confuse things.

Offline haebbe58

• YaBB God
Re: TT-Molly
« Antwort #1 am: 28.05.2014 17:53 »
Hi Ian,

welcome on board and enjoy this little bastard of an amp!  ;D

Regards
Herbie

Offline irfrench

« Antwort #2 am: 28.05.2014 18:23 »
It really is - isn't it!!!

It does that 'edge of break up' SO well too.  I know I'm in new-amp-love but this thing sounds great!

I wonder how long it is 'til the Lummerland and Emma follow!?  Need to get this B15n done first though!

Thanks,
Ian

:topjob:

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #3 am: 28.05.2014 22:51 »
Hi Ian,

thanks for the feedback.
Of course it would be great if you will build the Lumex or Molly too  8) please keep in mind those amps are totally different than the Molly.

and you can also post some pictures of your new baby here !

Regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline drul

« Antwort #4 am: 29.05.2014 07:18 »
.. Or even better some soundfiles? How about the bottom end, does the molly provide a good bass/lows also?

Offline irfrench

« Antwort #5 am: 29.05.2014 14:00 »
Hi,

Here are a couple of pics - not in a cab yet  ::) but I'm gonna hit up the associated cab in the store.  And finally start tolexing...

I added a VERY rudimentary power amp injection point to this too so I could try other preamps with the LoW power stage...  It works OK with the Alembic and TS50b preamps but makes no consideration for impedance so I may just be lucky so far!

Anyway:

And the amp on the 1x12 cab I've been using:

Which neatly leads to sound samples:  USUAL CAVEAT - APOLOGIES FOR THE PLAYING!

https://soundcloud.com/minoian/mollydemo/s-NMl1l

The bottom-end seems lovely on it... Nothing missing that I would want.  It works well with bass through a bass-cab too but in all honesty the Alembic Pre just sounds 'nicer' to my ear for bass.  Having said that - I am making a B15-ish pre/amp soon so that may well work with this too...

Thanks!
Ian

Offline soderstrom

« Antwort #6 am: 2.06.2014 00:55 »
Hi Ian, nice to see you here! I am a quiet reader of your blog and I also follow you on your journey through the world of (fet) bass preamps. I am curious about your B15 style preamp, too.

What is your favorite bass pre amp?

I am building a ROG Ginger at the moment and probably after that I will build up some of the designs you have tested. (your Albert Kreuzer PCB looks good...) I am looking for a good recording front end for my Jazz Bass.

best regards

thorsten

« Letzte Änderung: 2.06.2014 00:58 von soderstrom »

Offline drjet

• Starter
« Antwort #7 am: 7.08.2014 09:44 »
Hi there,
I just finished my Molly a few weeks ago. Big fun building it, had no problems and it worked at once. I added an impedance switch, which needed an additional hole through the backside faceplate. This little amp sounds awesome. I use it for recording purpose with my isolation-cab. It is my go to amp these days.
This was, after building a few stompboxes and heavily modding my Champion 600, my first build and it won´t be the last. I´m thinking about a tube mic preamp now. Any suggestions?

Best wishes
Jojo

Offline soderstrom

« Antwort #8 am: 7.08.2014 13:32 »

Hey Jojo,

the usual suspects are OneBottle and Mila (both designed by NewYorkDave), G9 (Gyraf), Redd47 and Orange86.

Check groupdiy.com.

Best regards

Offline haebbe58

• YaBB God
« Antwort #9 am: 7.08.2014 13:49 »
Hi,

there are pcb sets available for the gyraf G9

https://pcbgrinder.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_71&product_id=59

have a look at the description, there you can find all relevant information, for further information follow the links

Regards
Häbbe

Offline drjet

• Starter
« Antwort #10 am: 8.08.2014 10:00 »
Thank you for your suggestions and links. I think I go for the one bottle in first place, as the schematic looks looks quite nice for a point-to-point build. It´ll be my project for fall.
Best wishes
Jojo