Impressum | Datenschutz | Shop | DIY | TT @ Twitter | TT-Cabs
Anzeigen der neuesten Beiträge

New TT toroidal 30VA 1/3 voltage problem Lummerland

• 5 Antworten
  • 1557 Aufrufe

Offline Leadman

Hello, I have scratch build a TT Lummerland with a TT toroidal 30VA power transformer and a TT 10W ecc99 OUTPUT TRASNFORMER

When I finish the amp I tested without tubes and the both secundaries of the TT 30VA transformer put only 2,3V AC at the heater wiring and 79V AC at the high tension secundary.

I have checked the amp but I can´t see where is the problem.

The power transformer don´t get hot, not blowing fuses, not smell....
 I have followed the wiring labels and put black and red for a 0-240V wall voltage, I don´t check the other primaries but There are not any wiring combination that could put only 1/3 of the voltage.

Best Regards from Spain.
« Letzte Änderung: 28.04.2020 22:02 von Leadman »

Offline Rene2097

Re: New TT toroidal 30VA 1/3 voltage problem Lummerland
« Antwort #1 am: 29.04.2020 08:08 »
Good Morning,

I can't really see how you wired up the power switch and the indicator light. Is it possible that you put the light in series with the power transformer?

René

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #2 am: 29.04.2020 13:34 »
Hi,

I thought that you used the Lummerland kit but it loosk like that you made your own design. In this case please ignore me email which I send this morning. If you think that the transformer is broken then please send it to use for testing.
But you should do this only when you are absolutely sure that the transformer is broken. Read the FAQ first and make sure that the transformer has a good connection.

Best regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline Leadman

« Antwort #3 am: 29.04.2020 16:00 »
Hello, Thanks for the help Rene2097, I assumed that the main switch and the pilot light was right wiring, and that was the error, back to the basics.

Dear Dirk, the transformer runs fine, and the Lummerland design with your TT ecc99 10watt trasnformer sound awesone and loud, maybe so loud for home use.

I have change the post phase inverter master volume for a larmar style, the amps runs better for my  taste in that way, the standar cross line master volume is a bit tricky for fine adjustment and the amp lost a lot of character in low volume settings.

This forum is so helpfull.

Best Regards from Spain.

Offline Dirk

• Dirk M.
  • Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • 2T or not 2T
« Antwort #4 am: 29.04.2020 18:27 »
I see, I also received your email.
You used the new laydown 10 Watt output transformer for this project ?

regards, Dirk
Für Support und Produktanfragen bitte das offizielle Kontaktformular im Shop verwenden. PMs werden nicht beantwortet.

Offline Leadman

« Antwort #5 am: 29.04.2020 19:43 »
Yes, I do. I have no idea how this amp perform with the hammond OT but with the laydown TT is awesome, a lot of low end for that a tiny amp.

Best Regards.