Undeniable fact

• 33 Antworten
  • 12818 Aufrufe

Offline cca88

• YaBB God
Re: Undeniable fact
« Antwort #15 am: 16.01.2014 21:48 »
Not bad, but second class.

I have to admit it took me 34 years to get my Tele where I wanted it. Countless pickups. And in the end I had to go with a custom-wound set.

The Twin was easier, it only took me two years to tune it.

OK - with my strat it was much easier.

The 5E3 and my Axe liked each other  - and me  - in a flick of a moment.

Enyoing this particular combo for almost 10 years now...

Still working on the tele....

She likes the 5E3 - but - still has some issues with ME.... ::)

Grüße

Jochen

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 16.01.2014 22:05 »
My Tele is a'76 - the absolute worst year for Fender - and it weighs a ton and is prone to extreme ice pick. I spoke with John at Dawgtown Custom Shop about the problems with these guitars (the local farmers were complaining because every time I would play, more of their carrle wiuld be rendered impotent). John knew  just what was needed and wound me a set that gets exactly the tone I've been looking for all these years.

I have a Strat with CS54 pickups and that one is just fine.

The Tele through the Hoffman-style Twin and Jet Blackbird sounds huge.

Offline cca88

• YaBB God
« Antwort #17 am: 17.01.2014 07:54 »
My Tele is a'76 - the absolute worst year for Fender - and it weighs a ton and is prone to extreme ice pick. I spoke with John at Dawgtown Custom Shop about the problems with these guitars (the local farmers were complaining because every time I would play, more of their carrle wiuld be rendered impotent). John knew  just what was needed and wound me a set that gets exactly the tone I've been looking for all these years.

The Tele through the Hoffman-style Twin and Jet Blackbird sounds huge.

Steven,
versteh mich nicht falsch... Sie klingt super... Ist ne relativ neue Thinline. Mahagony, light as a feather... Ich glaub das ganze Brett hat 2,8kg.... LeoSounds drin.
Ich bin blos vom Handling der Strat so verwöhnt/versaut, daß ich mich an die Tele richtig gewöhnen muß !!!

Grüße

Jochen

Offline Lebkuchen

• YaBB God
« Antwort #18 am: 17.01.2014 10:34 »
Hi Steven,
… me, too. :)

Two others are loaded with SCNs from Fender but sadly out off production – no hum and a bit more output on both positions.
I bought two more SCN Strat Sets and put it in one of my two Teles – bingo! :o ;)

I also use a 2n2 cap for the tone control. Full open ––> Fender Twang, completely turned down I get the sound of a humbucker but much tighter. (Shifts the resonance peek from about 4kHz to roughly 2kHz of a HB). ;D

This combination sounds bad ass and does everything from blues to high gain shred, no need for anything else. :guitar:

Cheers, Gunter
Truth is plural

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 17.01.2014 10:49 »
My Strat is a '96 Japanese Hank Marvin. I bought it used for a very good price. It has wonderful wood (light 2-piece ash body) and (had) crap electronics. Pickups, pots, jack, switch, bridge were changed within 2 weeks, and rewired with master tone/vol (like a Tele, God's personal guitar choice) and a switch for neck/bridge. Why this combination isn't standard I don't know, but without it a strat is completely useless.

The guitar is basically a late 50s vintage reissue. The neck is the most comfortable I have played on any guitar; a pronounced 'V' that is just wonderful.

But I always come back to the Tele.

Offline Lupinello

• YaBB God
  • T42
« Antwort #20 am: 18.01.2014 23:22 »
Servus Steven,

I thought you have changed to an accustic guitar people call "Martin".

Your thread seemes me, you got back to your roots.

First of all: tele is a good thing and twin is hot stuff...no question!

I wonder you like the middle-position neck/bridge in a strat.
Is this like Tele?...and that with noise  ???  !

I can tell you, that a hot rod deluxe can be also a good choice, if you make a cab-job in the power supply unit (my friend made it for me).
Formerly there where cabs as wide as a finger now there a cabs nearly as wide as a fist inside.
Now the bass is tightened and I get a balanced sound.
Also a friend spended a master-volume for the clean chanel so I can rise the clean volume and reduce at the output stage.
The reverb ist enhanced.
For speaker I experience with Weber bluedog cer. 50W, Bulldog al. 15W, Tayden HighBrit cer. 50W and Celestion greenback cer. 25W in different combinations.
Sometimes I like this and sometimes I like that.
I have a lot of fun with that stuff!

I have three Teles but my mostly liked guitar is a mexican strat with a 4th reversed singlecoil positioned and wired to a humbucker with the bridge-pickup...I love it...with Callaham steel tremolo, small steel saddles, which do not toutch each other.
In the humbucker-mode it is very important to keep the trad. way of wireing with two tone-pots.
So you have in the 5th station only the vol. with 250k and no tone-pot.
It`s  in relation to the resistance like a humbucker with a 500k vol- and a 500k tone-pot (the last full open).
I think that`s great!   

For my Cheri-Tele with EMG alnico pickups I will now engage the PA2 boost-switch.
In my preferred high-gain-style I will surely get more fun.

For another tele I have a 90th tele-set from Van Zandt and I got it for sale (99,-DM...I could not resist ;)).
I think, it is smooth enough to challenge with the most custom-made pickups.

For my Rockinger 5kg-nonswamp-ash-tele ;D I got a Schecter metal-pickguard wired with push-pull-bigmag-pickups.
After removing the metal-plates from the pickups and potting them with wax they make a lot of fun.
Before I did, I had more whistle and appropriate response than a whistleblower :).

Have a good tele- and strattime with your modified twin.
Your combinations must be really great...I really belief!
A twin is normally a great amp...modified maybe much better.
A tele is normally a great guitar...modified .... :)
Whish you much fun with your combi!

Woifi

My question concerning to the white ceramic emg`s is still not answered. ((I got it also for sale (new: 90DM)...so I could make you a very acceptable  price!)).
What tele was it (wood of body and neck, bridge)?
If selled, is the customer satisfied and what is his comment?
Don`t shy to give me an answer, old friend!
I am allways thinking about things I have saled...make me free from my scruples or send me in damnation...I can stand it  ;D!!!

« Letzte Änderung: 18.01.2014 23:33 von Lupinello »
Sound is a chain gang

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #21 am: 19.01.2014 08:57 »
Hi Woifi -

The EMGs went into the 'Bananacaster,' i'll try to find a photo. A very yellow guitar. After two years the owner swapped them out for vintage. He also just bought the P90 tele that people here liked.

True I have played almost entirely acoustically the last two years. I have a litle acoustic trio with an amazing singer that is starting to take off a bit. But I was invited to audition for a country band next week so I got my stuff out to check it all out. I'm also just about ready to buy a pedal steel and want to use the Twin for that (with a 15") so that prompted me to finally finish all the loose ends on that amp. I tried a couple of Merlin things - LED  on the oscillator, Baxandall in the normal channel - and am pretty haooy with it. Now I just need the 115 cab for it.

Steve

Offline stephan61

• YaBB God
« Antwort #22 am: 19.01.2014 11:26 »
like a Tele, God's personal guitar choice

Steve,

in Sachen Tele bin ich ganz bei dir.
Aber Tele geht nur mit Messingböckchen, den Doppelböckchen natürlich.
Wenns wirklich sein muss, dürfens auch die kompensierten sein.

Grüße
Stephan
"It must schwing!"

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 19.01.2014 12:18 »
Steve,

in Sachen Tele bin ich ganz bei dir.
Aber Tele geht nur mit Messingböckchen, den Doppelböckchen natürlich.
Wenns wirklich sein muss, dürfens auch die kompensierten sein.

Grüße
Stephan

Stephan -

Habe vor viele Jahren die 3 Stahl-boeckchen fuer (compensierte) Messing ausgetauscht. Ich ueberlege aber ob ich die Stahl wieder auf die 2 tiefe monrieren soll

Offline stephan61

• YaBB God
« Antwort #24 am: 20.01.2014 16:33 »
Stephan -

Habe vor viele Jahren die 3 Stahl-boeckchen fuer (compensierte) Messing ausgetauscht. Ich ueberlege aber ob ich die Stahl wieder auf die 2 tiefe monrieren soll

Steve,
Die Frage ist interessant wie die Mischung klingt (die 2 tiefen mit Stahl, Rest mit Messing, oder?).
Was ist deine Intention, gerade diese beiden auf Stahl umzurüsten?

Gruß
Stephan
"It must schwing!"

Offline Athlord

• YaBB God
« Antwort #25 am: 20.01.2014 16:41 »
Steve,
Die Frage ist interessant wie die Mischung klingt (die 2 tiefen mit Stahl, Rest mit Messing, oder?).
Was ist deine Intention, gerade diese beiden auf Stahl umzurüsten?

Gruß
Stephan

Ich bin nicht Steve,  ;D
antworte trotzdem mal:
Messing wird nachgesagt, die Höhen zu betonen - im Umkehrschluss könnte das bedeuten, das die Tiefen dann etwas weniger ausgeprägt sind.
Cheers
Jürgen
Ich danke allen, die nichts zur Sache beizutragen hatten und trotzdem geschwiegen haben!

Offline Fwänk

• YaBB God
« Antwort #26 am: 20.01.2014 17:25 »
Hi @ all,
ich bin auch nicht Steve, sondern Fwänk.

Die Stahlreiter sollten mehr knallen. Ich habe auf meiner Glendale Alu E A, Messing D G H e. Messing sollte den Sound etwas dicker machen. Deswegen auch das andere Material auf E und A.

Und Twäng ist wichtig für die Tele, Swamp Ash One Piece, Glendale Bridge, Lollar Vintage Set, 60 years old Maple for the neck. Sometimes people think I use a compressor pedal. But I don´t use it.

Take care, Fwänk
Holz ist!

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 20.01.2014 19:29 »
Woifi -

the banancaster

steven

Offline Lupinello

• YaBB God
  • T42
« Antwort #28 am: 20.01.2014 22:40 »
Many thanks Steve,

I have tried out the white ones and I sold them.
So I don`t wonder the customer took them out.

But the banana is very nice!

What`s the difference between a magnetic or non magnetic bridge in sound?
Thanks.

Much fun with your new playing-styles!

Cheers

Woifi

PS: Habe Einzelmessingböckchen für meine Cheri bestellt. Da gehen nur einzelne...es sei denn ich fange an zusätzliche Löcher für eine neue Brücke mit anderen Saitendurchführungen zu bohren. Das erspare ich mir.
Messing ist aber wohl doch schon das angesagte Material, um die eher spitz klingende Tele etwas zu zähmen.
Für die tiefen Saiten klingts dann manchen zu zahm.
Der hier schwört scheinbar einer auf Stahl:
http:// www. guitartest.de/Telecaster%20Stege%20und%20Reiter.htm
Hab übrigens auf einer Tele (Thinline/alder) GraphTech Tusq Einzelreiter (3 links,3 rechts) drauf, weil ich nix anderes anderes gefunden hab. Das klingt recht akustisch mit einer gewissen Spitze.
« Letzte Änderung: 20.01.2014 22:59 von Lupinello »
Sound is a chain gang

sjhusting

• Gast
« Antwort #29 am: 21.01.2014 09:49 »
Hi Fwänk -

ich habe die Alu Glendales nie gesehen - das ist auch ein interessante variant.

Hat sonst jemand wiederkehrende Probleme mit die Fender 4-way Schaltern (MIM?) Ich muss jetzt die 3te einbauen. Wenn ich die Schalter mit mein 38-Jahre-Alt CRL 3-way vergleiche, gibt es ein mMn deutlich Qualitaetsunterschied.

steven